Re: Consensus decision making with and without a voting override provision
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 19:18:25 -0700 (PDT)
Here Here Joani!

My opinion is that more effective cohousing groups using consensus do
delegate LOTS of decision-making - especially ones requiring detailed study
and understanding. I believe a common misunderstanding about consensus is
that ALL decisions MUST involve EVERYBODY in decision-making process.

When individuals and sub-groups are appropriately empowered, they increase
their effectiveness as they create plans that are both (1) consistent with
their mandate and (2) that truly serve the broader group - including those
with minority views.

Craig