Re: consensus-decision-making
From: Monty Berman (mberman116hotmail.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 05:16:51 -0700 (PDT)
 Charles,      Regarding your Aug. 6th submission below on 'Consensus
decision-making':I don't know if this addresses exactly your Q, but it serves
me to share this. In the 12 years our EcoVillage at Ithaca (NY) has been in
existence, I have made a solid connection with one couple. Of course, I have a
number of other connections, but really only this one with whom we share at a
depth level. And it's enough.Monty  cc: Wayne & Phebe> Today's Topics:> > 1.
Re: Consensus decision making (balaji [at] ouraynet.com)> 2. Conversation about
Members Area (Donna Freiermuth)> 3. Re: Average Turn Over (katie-henry [at]
att.net)> > >
----------------------------------------------------------------------> >
Message: 1> Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:57:18 -0600 (MDT)> From: balaji [at]
ouraynet.com> Subject: Re: [C-L]_ Consensus decision making> To: 'Cohousing-L'
<cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org>> Message-ID:>
<1543.69.169.141.94.1218049038.squirrel [at] squirrel.ouraynet.com>>
cultural anthropologist -- my stock and trade -- I find it interesting that
traditional cohousing communities (by which I mean 'villages') address the same
issues by means of kinship processes,> either 'real' or 'fictive.' By 'real' I
mean the standard American> definition, e.g., relations by 'blood' and by
'law.' 'Fictive' (again, from our perspective) means the extension of kinship
categories to those> we are not 'really' related to. I wonder . . . have any of
you in> cohousing communities found kinship (real, fictive, or whatever)
directly or surepticiously affecting your relationships with each other?> >
Charles Nuckolls> Utah Valley Commons> www.utahvalleycommons.com>  >