Re: Average Turn Over
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 06:56:55 -0700 (PDT)
I think we have one of the lowest turnover rates here at FrogSong (Cotati,
CA)
        5 years since move-in
        # resales: 2 units, 3 actual sales,  only one that was "outside the
family"
        # changes in rentals: 3 changes in one unit
        # new partners or roommates added to existing households:
approximately 8

Details: of the 2 units that have turned over, only one was sold to someone
outside the community. That person left because she got married.

The other unit was sold back and forth between two people, both of whom were
already community members. The one person in that whole exchange that did
finally leave, left to go traveling, not sure where she would settle
afterwards.

Both of the people who left were folks who really wanted community but had a
hard time fitting in in certain ways.

The unit that's been a rental had some similar swaps, one family moved out
when the owner moved in, then the owner moved back out and that family moved
back in again!

We have another renter who started out as one person's roommate; when that
situation changed everyone here loved her so much that we've tried to keep
her - she moved in with another person, when they didn't prove compatible
she moved into yet a third unit and they are getting on famously.

Another person was a roommate in one unit, moved in with folks in a
different unit, when that all went so well they asked her to buy in with
them!

Once folks move in here, they hardly ever leave!

eris [at] erisweaver.info
707-338-8589
http://www.erisweaver.info

fa cil' i tāt: to make easier