Re: Earthquake/disaster insurance
From: OC611NGC (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 15:45:48 -0700 (PDT)
Jessie:

Your recommendation to get flood insurance only applies to communities whose development is on low-lying lands near streams or bodies of water. If your development is built on a hill such as most buildings in San Francisco, flood insurance would be a waste of money.

My community's buildings are situated more than a hundred feet above the Salinas River in Paso Robles. We have two drainageways flowing through our 14 acres within deep arroyos at least 30 vertical feet above the maximum level of any flowing water. Downhill from us there are large housing developments built on the banks of the Salinas River. I would recommend flood insurance for them, but not for us.

Check with your local flood control district before spending any money on flood insurance.

Norm Gauss

----- Original Message ----- From: <dahako [at] aol.com>