Re: Earthquake/disaster insurance
From: OC611NGC (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 17:23:52 -0700 (PDT)
Anne:

A flood is a subset of uncontrolled water that damages private property. Water can damage a home, some of which may be from a flood (from naturally occurring water) and some of which may have been caused by failure of man-made facilities. The latter is not covered by flood insurance.

According to the standard concept of flood insurance, coverage is limited to water that damages property because of flooding of a natural stream or body of water. Broken water mains uphill of you do not qualify. Neither do burst pipes in your home nor overflowing bathtubs or washers.

Check out the following: http://www.allbusiness.com/glossaries/flood-insurance/4951360-1.html

Norm Gauss

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anne Fleck" <solianna [at] cablespeed.com>