Re: Earthquake/disaster insurance
From: dahako (dahakoaol.com)
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 11:54:47 -0700 (PDT)
Hi-

Sorry Norm. With respect, I disagree. In the US, flood insurance is subsidized.
If you are anywhere near water or in an area that has had significan
development since the flood maps were updated, or is prone to torrential rain
events follow earth+baking drought, or has enough water on a regular basis that
folks thought it would be good to have drainage installed, flood insurance is a
decent idea. Check your homeowners policy, insurance companies exclude as many
water related events as they possibly can.

Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Couousing
Silver Spring, MD