Re: Consensus decision making
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 08:50:17 -0700 (PDT)
I wonder how much it really helps communities to avoid idiosyncratic blocking to say "Blocks must be justifiable in terms of the community's //needs//vision//principles//". If there's one thing that most people are good at, it's being able to justify nearly anything in the name of a higher principle, either sincerely or with a hidden agenda. I'll bet that even the personal-preference blockers whom Racheli has written about could justify themselves in that way if they knew that was the requirement.

    Muriel
    at Shadowlake Village Cohousing in Blacksburg, VA