Re: Consensus decision making
From: Racheli Gai (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 08:56:14 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon wrote (in part) :

I think this is true which is why I am questioning whether consensus
is a good decision-making method when people can join a group or
remain in a group without a commitment to a common goal.

How can consensus be meaningful without a common goal?

I don't think consensus can be done successfully without a common goal
(or goals). And my impression is that often groups (cohousing and other) get into real trouble in using consensus because their common goals/values have
not been defined well enough.

Racheli.