Re: Can anyone help the UK Cohousing Network?
From: Racheli Gai (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:25:18 -0700 (PDT)
I guess I'm fulfilling my email quota for the year :)

In our case (Sonora Cohousing, Tucson), members were involved in the design, and some members were closely involved in checking on construction process
as it happened.
IMO this was very important: In many cases we were able to move decisions in (what I consider to be) a better direction. We also caught some mistakes and
got them corrected.
In cases where we overlooked things, we ended up with cheapy/cheesy stuff.
(cheap sinks, crappy toilets - pun intended, etc.)

The oversight was not done, for the most part, by professionals, but by interested amateurs, who took time to learn things so that they can make informed decisions.

Racheli.