Re: VACANCY RATE POLL - Is Cohousing Overbuilt? Howmany vacancies at your community?
From: Tim Mensch (tim-coho-lbitgems.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:18:24 -0700 (PDT)
Fred H Olson wrote:
"Overbuilding" may be a factor but as Robert Heinich pointed out people
may want to buy but other factors including the current general real
estate / mortgage mess account for some vacancies (because people who
would like to buy were unable to do so.  In a sense these factors are a
part of "demand" but that makes measuring demand a really messy business.
Because of the housing crunch, people are more conservative about buying a place before selling their current place. One real example: We have several folks who are ready to buy our current unit in Boulder--as soon as their house or condo sells. That list seems to keep growing, so we have statistics on our side at least. :)

Ours is the only unit available right now at Wild Sage, by the way.

--
Tim Mensch

Currently at Wild Sage (Boulder, CO): http://www.wildsagecohousing.org

Moving out! Our unit is for sale! http://1635yellowpine.com