Re: VACANCY RATE POLL - Is Cohousing Overbuilt? How many vacancies at ...
From: NetiPotLady (NetiPotLadyaol.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:21:41 -0700 (PDT)

We, at Stone Curves Cohousing in Tucson, AZ have one unit for sale at the
moment and another going on the market in the next couple of weeks. Look at
_www.stonecurves.org_ (http://www.stonecurves.org)  for more info. We have  48
total homes in our community.  At move in, there was only home that  really
wasn't sold (one of our smallest units was sold to the builder and  took a
while to
resell).  We have had quite a few resales (13), two  homes have resold twice
(3 of these resales never were occupied by the  original owner)  The first
people moved in 4 years ago this  coming Oct. and the whole community was moved
in, in phases by  the beginning of 2006.
Reasons for moving out are varied and we haven't had  anyone trade units or
buy another unit and sell theirs to others within the  community. We do have a
number of rentals at this time (2 have always been  rentals, 2 are option to
buys, 2 are rentals for people who may  return and 2 are helpers for a disabled
individual in our  community).

There are 3 cohousing communities in Tucson but ours and one  other haven't
seemed to have trouble reselling their homes. The other, maybe  because of the
higher prices of their homes has had homes on the market longer,  I believe.
Many of the people who move to cohousing here, come from out of state  and want
to relocate to Tucson. It doesn't seem that there are too many  cohousing
homes here. In fact I recently heard about another possible forming  community
here.

Gina  Kruse
Stone Curves Cohousing
_Netipotlady@aol.com_ (mailto:Netipotlady [at] aol.com)