How would we negotiate a relationship with a developer?
From: Tom Hammer (thammer302yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 20:14:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

We have a developer who, if the stars align, will want us to sign a document soon committing us to a formal relationship and a payment schedule for land purchase options, due diligence, etc. This developer has a fabulous relationship nationally and locally but has never done cohousing.

How have "amateurs" who have worked successfully with a developer obtained the advice they needed to structure the relationship so that it is balanced and fair to all concerned? Does one consult a real estate attorney? If not, what professional?

Another question with a really short deadline--sorry. Answer is needed by Tuesday at 6 p.m. EST.

Tom Hammer
for Concord Ecovillage
southern Chester County, PA