Re: affordable, rental cohousing! (No. Calif.)
From: Marganne Meyer (margannemacnexus.org)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 03:39:21 -0700 (PDT)
At 12:41 AM -0400 8/17/08, David Heimann wrote:
 > Can any of you envision your own community including several
 800-square-foot homes?

I can definitely do so! Out of 30 units, we have three studios at 550 square feet and three one-bedrooms at 700 square feet. Of the remaining 24, eleven are around 850 square feet only. We're doing fine with the smaller homes!

That's GREAT David. Let's see if they fit the second criteria of Low Cost Community Housing. What's the ballpark cost of your 550 square foot unit?

Check out a post I made here within the last few days to see what I consider to be affordable, small, sustainable homes.

Cheers!
Marganne