Re: How would we negotiate a relationship with a developer?
From: Dave and Diane (daveanddeeverizon.net)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:07:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Tom,

We negotiated an agreement with Cohousing Resources and they negotiated the
agreement with the developer. Then it turned out we didn't need/want the
developer and we came to a parting of the ways. We retained Cohousing
Resources for the remainder of the project and they did a great job. We
could not have done this project without their assistance.

Unless you have a great deal of in-house construction experience you should not attempt to negotiate with a developer yourselves. I would say that, at
minimum, every group should have an experienced project consultant,(such
as Cohousing Resources), a real estate attorney, and an accountant.
--Diane Simpson

outreach facilitator
jp cohousing  617-522-2209
Box 300420 boston ma
http://www.jpcohousing.org
"The people who surround you define the quality of your life."