Re: Do You Have a Kids Team?
From: Mac Thomson (macthomsonmac.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:28:20 -0700 (PDT)
Still looking for responses to this.  Any takers?

On Aug 13, 2008, at 3:21 PM, cohousing-l-request [at] cohousing.org wrote:

Here at Heartwood Cohousing, we have 24 homes and about 30 kids.
We're a very kid friendly community, you might say.

On occasion, we have some trouble with the kids (usually the boys)
such as getting into and scattering materials at the workshop, pillow
fights and messes left in rec room, playing football on the newly
seeded grass.  Nothing too serious -- just run of the mill kid stuff,
but frustrating all the same for the folks who take care of those
community resources.

We've never had a Kids Team to address these issues, but we're
thinking of maybe creating one.  The team would not just address
problems, but also hopefully be proactive in creating fun, learning
opportunities for kids and perhaps have kids involved on the team to
learn communication and decision making skills.  We have some
reluctance to create yet another team given how hard it is to get all
the work done already.

A few questions for communities with some kind of Kids Team . . . . . .

1) What does the team do?  What are its responsibilities?

2) How involved are the kids on the team?

Thanks very much for any response you can give.

Cheers,
Mac
(Who's about to go take a mountain bike ride with my 7 year old on
some of our trails.)

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it."
   - Helen Keller