Re: affordable, rental cohousing! (No. Calif.)
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 12:25:00 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Marganne -- Takoma Village has at least 4 units of 600-650s/f and about 10 at 750 s/f or less. These are apt. like condos w/ no basements -- altho' we do have some basement space in other parts of the community that people have purchased.

Square footage is only one cost indicator for affordability. Other indicators are availability of financing, interest rates, cost of raw land. There are probably a bunch more but these are the ones that pop to mind.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village
Washington, DC