Re: Do You Have a Kids Team?
From: Joanie Connors (jvcphdgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:27:41 -0700 (PDT)
Even if no one responds or has tried this yet (my group included), I
would highly encourage your community to try having a kids team in
your community.

Peer mediation has been used in schools for many years. Students
receive training to be "conflict managers" and then are allowed to be
the first line of intervention when other children are fighting. They
of course have an adult advisor who occasionally supervises them.

I know there are other things that you might want a kids team to do,
like monitor misuse of property and plan parties. These things are
doable. I think the kids would enjoy it and feel more engaged in the
community.

Great idea! I hope you'll let us know how it goes.