Re: Map of Cohousing Communities - North America
From: Michael Barrett (mbarretttoast.net)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:01:19 -0700 (PDT)
What happened to the cohousing map? Like Fred, I thought it was a great idea. It seems to have changed into a default map of the US - but with no coho info.

Michael Barrett
Shadowlake Village, VA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred H Olson" <fholson [at] cohousing.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 10:02 AM
Subject: Re: [C-L]_ Map of Cohousing Communities - North America

On Aug 11 Ginny Freeman <spam [at] impeticos.com>
As part of my own research into cohousing I have started a Google Map of
North American Cohousing Communities. I think it would be great if other
people would contribute and together we could make this a great
resource!

You can view and edit this map at:
http://tinyurl.com/cohomap

This map is growing as a number of people have added numbered "push pin"
icons for various cohousing communities that are keyed to the accompanying
list.  As of Tues morning 8/12, we are up to 37 communities on the US map.

Ginny has added much improved instruction in the "comments" section
(hint: open these in a separate browser tab/window before editing).
This makes editing much easier but a google account is still required.

I created an easier to remember url: http://tinyurl.com/cohomap
(The Google URL is huge...)

Thanks, Ginny, it's a great map / cohousing facility.

Fred, who likes maps

Communications for Justice -- Free, superior listserv's w/o ads:
http://justcomm.org      My Link Pg: http://fholson.cohousing.org
612-588-9532 (7am-10pm CST/CDT)   Email: fholson at cohousing.org