question about resurfacing decks
From: S. Kashdan (skashdancablespeed.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 19:47:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

Here at Jackson Place Cohousing in Seattle, Washington, we have just had the
exterior of our buildings repainted, and it looks quite spiffy. Now we are
contemplating having some of our decks resurfaced. Two different contractors
have given us bids based on two different products, with somewhat different
prices, and two different bids for the job. Each claims that the product
they use is the best. Our Operations team members are not familiar with
either product, because this is the first time we have had to have this
done. So, we would like to know if any other cohousing group has experience
with either or both of these products, and, if you do, what can you tell us
about it.

The more expensive product is: Pacific Polymer Industries Inc.'s
polyurethane 5001 & 6001 product.

The less expensive product is: Sonoguard, a polyurethane product.

Some of our decks look in better condition than others. So, we would also be
interested in finding out if anyone knows if decks need to be refinished at
specific intervals, even if they don't have much traffic.

Whatever you can tell us about either or both products and about deck
refinishing will be greatly appreciated

In community,

Sylvie Kashdan

Jackson Place Cohousing