community-wide retreats
From: Sally Wright (shwrightsbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 07:44:18 -0700 (PDT)
To Existing Communities:
If you have held community-wide retreats, we'd like to hear from you!
Some questions:
- Did you go off-site?  If you didn't go off-site, how did you create an
environment that feels special?
- Where did funds come from? Individual contributions? Community funding? A
combination?
- What specific topics have been most successful? (Note: we have no specific
problems to focus on, but would like to deepen the community experience)
- What did you do to attract high attendance?
- Did you use outside facilitators?  Or if you used internal facilitators,
what are some suggestions?
- How did you incorporate kids in your program?
- Do you hold them annually?
- What hasn't worked?

Our seven-year-old community has never held an official retreat, although
we've had spectacular annual camping trips where typically half the members
attend. To build on these successes, we're considering offering a
community-wide retreat. We'd love to learn from others' experiences!

Sally
Pleasant Hill Cohousing
Pleasant Hill, CA

shwright_at_sbcglobal.net