Re: community-wide retreats
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 06:45:03 -0700 (PDT)
> I would also love to hear about retreats that communities have gone on,
> before move-in.  Cost, where did you go, what did you do, did most people
> come?

FrogSong had a retreat just about every year during our five-year
development process. We used two different camps, fairly close to us (maybe
30-45 minutes from our site). They were out in the woods enough to feel like
a getaway but not so far that it was a helluva drive. The first two years we
cooked ourselves, after that we made use of the meals provided in the camp's
dining hall. Lodging varied from shared cabins to tents.

We had VERY high participation in these retreats.  We had absolutely NO
business agenda, just FUN -- crafts, campfires, yoga, LOTS of unscheduled
time by the pool, and the Saturday night talent show.  It was a great way to
hang out, get to know each other, and enjoy some of the benefits of
cohousing before we actually moved in. I highly recommend it!
eris [at] erisweaver.info
707-338-8589
http://www.erisweaver.info

fa cil' i tāt: to make easier