Re: Non-standardized houses?
From: Robert Heinich (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:15:00 -0700 (PDT)

Cindy,

In our area, two cohousing communities, Arcadia and Solterra, have architectural guidelines and every house is unique.

Are you sure you want to head in that direction? Here at Eno Commons, we only had two house designs (cost saving) and we went with a production builder (another cost saving). However, I do not believe our community has a cookie-cutter feel.

--
Robert Heinich
Eno Commons Cohousing Neighborhood

Quoting Cindy T <cindy_t25 [at] hotmail.com>:

I'm wondering how common it is to find co-housing communities where, with some guidelines, people can build their own houses as they want them, avoiding the cookie cutter look? I have found only one, but discovered it a bit too late. I'm looking in the mountain West right now.

Cindy