Re: Non-standardized houses?
From: Cindy T (cindy_t25hotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:52:05 -0700 (PDT)
>I believe that they might also support a wider ranges of economic
>capabilities of the residents, e.g. Rob's community, Sharingwood, has some
>very expensive and some very inexpensive private homes. They do mean that
>the family wanting to live there has the capability of building a custom
>home... something that very few people do in America, although many aspire
>to.

This model also allows disabled people with special needs to live in the the
community. I have to have a house that is 100% free of formaldehyde, and
certain other chemicals.  I built such a house  for no more than it would have
cost to buy a house built with regular toxic materials.   I would like to live
in a community as I grow older, so I'm looking for a place to build another
house.

For those who don't know, formaldehyde is in certain wood products, pesticides,
paint, wood finishes, drywall, insulation, caulks and adhesives, carpeting,
etc.  The only way to know is to scrutinize the MSDS for every singe component
that goes into the construction.

Cindy T

Be the filmmaker you always wanted to be—learn how to burn a DVD with Windows®.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588797/direct/01/