Re: competing special needs
From: Joanie Connors (jvcphdgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 07:31:07 -0700 (PDT)
What a difficult dilemma! How frustrating for you!

On the easy side, you might arrange to have the service dog bathed just before meals and meetings. The most common allergen is pet dander.

A deeper solution would be to have the parties involved (allergic people and service dog owner) meet and decide together on a solution.

If you put yourself in the role of eternal fixer, you may find that no solution is satisfactory. But when the people involved have to come up with (affordable) solutions, they are less likely to complain.

Joanie Connors
Silver City Eco-Community
(forming in Silver City, New Mexico)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joelyn Malone" <JKMalone [at] comcast.net>