Re: competing special needs
From: melanie griffin (melgrifgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:46:45 -0700 (PDT)
i concur. what a dilemma!. could the disabled person use the short term
solution of medication for meals or activities? or could a volunteer fulfill
the functions of her service dog for those times? of course you should try
to accommodate her disability, but any accommodation has to be reasonable,
which in this case probably means it doesn't prevent  others' disabilities
from being accommodated. that's why the word "reasonable" always precedes
"accommodation" in the ADA and other anti-discrimination laws.

good luck to you!
melanie