Re: competing special needs
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:59:05 -0700 (PDT)
Now we have a potential new owner who needs a service dog, to be with
her most of the time. She would be shut out of Commons House activities
if we continued to prioritize the people with allergies. While the new
person's dog is one of the "allergy-free" breeds, one of our members has
broken out in hives when being around that breed.

Has the person been around this particular dog? We have both people with severe allergies and a service dog and have had no problems.

Service dogs are very different from other dogs. They are bathed regularly and are incredibly well behaved -- never jumping on furniture, for example, which can contaminate the furniture.

I would encourage some reality testing.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines