Re: What is co-housing really?
From: Liz Ryan Cole (lizryancolemac.com)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 03:44:15 -0700 (PDT)
One benefit of cohousing is that people in cohousing can provide the support - emotional and financial - to individuals who want to "do good". (How we define doing good will certainly vary). I have seen many examples of members of cohousing communities making a positive difference. But simply reducing our environmental footprint and providing a community in which children can grow up with the support and love of more than just their parents, and people can age in place and in community is, IMHO, a good thing all by itself.

Liz

Pinnacle Project
Lyme, NH
802-831-1240