Re: competing special needs
From: Kay Argyle (kay.argyleutah.edu)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:20:45 -0700 (PDT)
Rotten dilemma.

There may be legal ramifications here. People with service animals are a
protected class under the law.  I think I'd want to talk to someone who
understands the ADA and housing discrimination laws.  It would be as well
for the community to understand what her rights are, even if she isn't
pushing them.

My (possibly paranoid) suspicion is that the ADA would give priority to the
needs of one service animal's owner over the needs of ten people with severe
allergies.

Kay