2BR Townhome for Sale - Pleasant Hill Cohousing
From: Susan Hedgpeth (hedgpethberkeley.edu)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:49:00 -0700 (PDT)
TO:  Cohousing List-serv

We have a 2-bedroom unit for sale. I've included all the info here in this email, but it's also on our website along with photos: http://phch.org/forsaleCherryl.htm

If interested, please contact the seller, Cherryl Smith, not me.   Thanks.

-Susan

2-Bedroom Townhome - Pleasant Hill Cohousing
For Sale By Original Owner

Address:
2228 Lisa Lane
Pleasant Hill, California  94523 (east of San Francisco; next to Walnut Creek)

Two-story Townhome; two large bedrooms; one full and one half bath. Open floor plan; full kitchen with maple cabinetry; quiet, efficient appliances. Creative storage designs include deep closets, laundry closet with stackable washer and dryer, and built-in attic storage. Passive cooling/heating design, whole-house fan, ceiling fans, double-cell blinds, efficient windows and hydronic heating for year-round comfort with minimal energy use. Front patio overlooks cobblestone path that connects the 32 homes in the community; semi-private backyard, shaded by large oaks, looks out on Iron Horse trail. 1107 sq ft.

Community Features

Newly constructed in 2001, <http://phch.org/>Pleasant Hill <http://phch.org/>Cohousing includes 24 townhomes and 8 flats to accommodate households of all ages and compositions. Our community has a swimming pool, hot tub, and large club house (3800 sq fit) with spacious dining room and kitchen for community meals; two guest rooms (with 2 baths) available for community members to reserve; an arts and crafts room; a kids play room with loft and slide; a teen room; a sitting room with Direct TV, DVD, and surround sound. We have an organic garden, three outdoor play areas, landscaped common spaces, two bike sheds, a large workshop with wood working area, potter's wheel and kiln; photo-voltaic solar panels, and a high speed, local area network (LAN).

Community Life

We enjoy shared dinners, social events, yoga classes, collective babysitting, work parties and chats with neighbors on patios and in common areas. While architecture and our evolving culture allow for a high degree of interaction, members can create their own balance of community and privacy. Browse the <http://phch.org/>website for more details.

Location

At the end of a quiet street in a semi-urban setting, Pleasant Hill Cohousing sits between Walnut Creek and the Iron Horse multi-use trail. We can easily walk/bike to Downtown Pleasant Hill (groceries, shopping, movies, restaurants) and public transit (38 minutes by BART to downtown San Francisco, 17 minutes to Berkeley). We are less than a mile from Hwy 680 (Monument Blvd exit). The Mt. Diablo school district offers several excellent options to families.

Financial Details

    * Price $447,000
    * Annual property taxes approx. 1.051% of assessed value
* Homeowners dues--includes water, gas (cooking and heating) garbage/recycling, hazard insurance, pool maintenance, high-speed internet access and email network, common house utilities and community activities budget--approx $360/month

Contact

Cherryl Smith
Phone: 510 847-3297
Email: cherrl [at] aol.com

Prospective buyers are also invited to attend one or more community meetings and social events to become acquainted with our neighbors. Please contact Cherryl.

More info and photos here:
http://phch.org/forsaleCherryl.htm