Guest room/common house reservations
From: Terri Hupfer (terriphch.org)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:53:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Catya,
  We have two different set ups for guest rooms and common house reservations.
The CH is reserved with an on-line system (though some still use our paper
calendar it is falling into disuse as common meals and meetings go on-line and
people don't want to schedule conflicts.) People can reserve private events,
and like others we have had a wide variety over the past 7 years.

  The guest rooms are on a paper calendar developed by one of our residents,
and it's up for the year. Each household gets a set number of days (based on
adults in the household) per year- I as one adult get 18 per year, and then if
you go over you can ask your neighbors to gift you some of theirs. It's on a
first come , first serve basis, but we try to be respectful of others by not
hogging both rooms for long periods of time. You can reserve, which uses one of
your days, or 'flop' which means you wait till 5 PM that day to see if no one
else reserves the room. That doesn't use any days, as you are taking it when no
one else wanted it.

  The host is responsible for washing linens, letting the guests know our
rules, and providing and retrieving keys to the room and CH. They are also
responsible for picking up trash after their guests, however vaccuming and
cleaning of the bathroom is done by our twice a month cleaning service.

  For the most part the system works very well, and like other communities,
many of us are willing to loan a bedroom to visitors if we are out of town, so
rarely do we have a situation where people cannot be accomodated.

  Terri Hupfer
  Pleasant Hill Coho
  Bay Area, CA