2009 Cohousing Conference -- Proposal deadline December 1!
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:17:18 -0700 (PDT)
Imagine spending a summer weekend with a bunch of fascinating, funny,
friendly folks from all over the world, united by their passion and
commitment to cohousing.  You might meet some of the cohousing movement’s
movers and shakers, make new friends (and maybe neighbors!), share successes
and challenges, learn from the experiences of other communities, brainstorm
new ideas, and be part of growing the global cohousing community.  You can
experience all this – and more! – at the 2009 National Cohousing Conference,
June 24-28 at the University of Washington in Seattle.

The planning team is excited to be exploring the conference theme “Growing
Community,” and we’re looking for folks who have talents, experiences, and
skills to share. Has your community implemented a particularly successful
program, policy, or project? Do you offer a specialized skill, knowledge, or
service to cohousing communities? Have you done some interesting research
within the cohousing world? Have you learned something profound in the
starting, building, or living in a community that would be useful for others
to know about? If so, consider doing a conference workshop or presentation!
Or maybe you have an idea for a workshop you’d like to attend, or a
particular speaker you’d like to hear. We welcome your ideas, proposals and
contributions.

The main conference is June 26-28, and includes breakout sessions of either
60 or 90 minutes. These are all included in the conference registration.
Preconference workshops, for which there is an additional registration fee,
will be held June 24-26. These are longer, more in-depth presentations and
there is compensation for these presenters.

We are trying something new this year and offering sessions of differing
lengths. Preconference workshops may be ½ day, full day, or two days long;
breakout sessions may be either 60 or 90 minutes. Be sure to indicate in
your proposal which timeslot(s) best fits your presentation.

Based on feedback from this year’s conference attendees, we will be running
fewer concurrent sessions.

The deadline for all proposals is December 1.

Proposals may be brief but should include the following information:

PRESENTER NAME & BIO

LENGTH OF PRESENTATION (check one)
Preconference workshop -  ½ day
Preconference workshop -  full day
Preconference workshop -  two day
Breakout session – 60 minutes
Breakout session – 90 minutes

TITLE OR SUBJECT OF PRESENTATION

FORMAT (slideshow, lecture, participatory workshop, etc.)

AUDIENCE (would this presentation be of greatest interest to members of
forming groups, residents of established groups, finance committee members,
architects, etc.)

Send your proposals, questions, suggestions, etc. to Program Chair Eris
Weaver at eris [at] erisweaver.info.

eris [at] erisweaver.info
707-338-8589
http://www.erisweaver.info