WARNING, VIRUS: Mcdonalds wishes you Merry Christmas!
From: Tim Mensch (tim-coho-lbitgems.com)
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:05:52 -0800 (PST)
Sorry for the off-topic spam, but someone subscribed to this list has a virus that is sending out emails with the attached "Mcdonalds coupon" subject. I know this because of a particular anti-spam measure I use--look at my email address above for a hint. :) If you get the coupon email, delete it right away. If you use Mindspring or Earthlink for your Internet access, you should get a new anti-virus program, because you might be infected--and your computer is spamming your address book (including the list) with the above virus. I recommend NOD32 from Eset:

http://www.eset.com

In particular, the "big 3": Norton, Trend, and McAfee tend to be the most vulnerable to hijacking. If you have one of those, I'd recommend immediately uninstalling it and installing NOD32 (it isn't free, but it's worth it), regardless of whether you're infected yet, since it's only a matter of time. :)

--Tim

P.S. If you want to know more details, or if you want to complain about the off-topic post, please email me OFF-LIST so that this doesn't end up being a huge off-topic thread on the list.