Re: condo association accounting services
From: Denise Meier (neesiesonic.net)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 10:23:03 -0800 (PST)
While we're on the topic of accounting, I am wondering if any cohousing HOAs have ever been audited? We have had our accountant warn us about stuff (like not paying for meeting childcare out of HOA dues and using a separate fund instead, or keeping our meals accounting separate from our other books). I'm wondering if any HOA has actually been examined and if so what turned out to be problematic, if anything.

Thanks,
Denise Meier
Two Acre Wood
Sebastopol, California