Re: condo association accounting services
From: Diana E Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 19:01:31 -0800 (PST)
Thanks so much for your detailed reply, Larry.

Of the firms I've talked to, some handle payment of bills directly,
whereas others deal with invoices and prepare the checks, but like
you guys, a trustee must actually sign the checks.  Apparently one
way we can save money on services is not to have the bookkeeper
involved in the checks at all; we get the invoice and pay the bill,
and then sen the stubs or a copy of the check to the bookkeeper for
data entry.  I was leaning that direction...do yo see any problems
with this method?

For accounts receivable, I'm hoping that we will NOT have 68 checks
every month!   I'm hoping most of our folks will want to
do an automatic bank debit thing, to save them work, and us too.
:-)

I'd love to hear details about other people's experiences with
bookkeepers, too.

Diana (Mosaic Commons Treasurer and Trustee)