Re: condo association accounting services
From: Alexander Robin A (alexande.robiuwlax.edu)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 19:38:21 -0800 (PST)
The main reason to be local is that, in my opinion, a small, perhaps sole
owner, accountant is best for simple organizations such as cohousings. You do
not need or want the services of a regional firm as you will be paying too much
and they are not really interested in the small amount of business you will
supply. So if you're using an accountant/bookkeeper, it is nice to be able to
go over and talk face to face if needed and it is cheaper for him/her to drop
by and look things over. In my experience, sole practitioners give the best
value in our case. The larger the firm gets, the more they are interested in
money and the more likely you will be pawned off to a new hire because the
experienced people are going after the profitable clients.

In case anyone is wondering if I have any credibility, I taught accounting for
23 years and have interacted with recruiters from the mid and large size firms.
To an extent, I know where the money goes in these places. I'd be happy to
answer any questions with the caveat that I have not actually worked at a large
accounting firm.

Robin A

"Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our hearts, and warmth
to our souls."
Colleen Klaum