Re: What are communities doing now that we are hitting difficult financial times?
From: Robert Heinich (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 06:14:15 -0800 (PST)
Do you have a process for late or delinquent HOA fees?
Yes.  The finance committee meet to work out a mutually acceptable plan to
make up past dues.

Do you have a process for forgiving delinquent HOA fees?
No.

Has any community had to take legal action towards a member that doesn't pay
HOA?
No.

Any foreclosures that communities have dealt with?
No.

Personal note: I was laid off from IBM Feb 2002 and went back to school.
When I graduated in Dec 2004, there was job opportunities in other cities.
I resisted that siren call as I believe eventually there would be another
position in the area where I lived.  An opportunity did come along and I am
glad I never left.

During the four years I was unemployed, I was buoyant from the support of my

neighbors.  When I was taking classes at NC State (Raleigh), a neighbor gave
me
a ride during the week.  When I graduated from NC State, my neighbors bought
me
a iPod as a graduation gift.  When I was looking for work, I had a secret
benefactor leaving me every month $100 cash in an envelope with only
"Heinich
Computer Services" typed on it.  There are other myriad acts of kindness
that I
received when I needed it.

-Robert Heinich
 Eno Commons Cohousing
 Durham, NC
 http://www.enocommons.org
 where This Friday is Holiday Movie Night
    and this Sunday is our Holiday Dinner and Rise-Up-Singing Party