Re: What are communities doing now that we are hitting difficult financial times?
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:53:59 -0800 (PST)
At Sharingwood we have two funds made from voluntary contributions. One
covers assessments, the other can be used for anything anybody needs. These
funds are distributed at the discretion of the treasurer, and anybody that
asks for funds does so in complete privacy.  A single person can take up to
half of the amount in the fund, they have no obligation to pay it back.
There is also a private list of personal donors within the community who put
their name on the list if they are willing to offer no interest loans for
community members.  Again, the treasurer simply passes that list off to
whomever requests it and they then contact whomever on the list they wish to
ask for a personal loan.

>From time to time calls go out to refresh the fund pots or the list.  People
give anonymously.

Rob Sandelin