a nice marketing tool....
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 18:25:00 -0800 (PST)
Last week I received an announcement about a unit for sale in a local (SF bay area) cohousing community I thought it was a very good example of how to promote the resale of a unit in an existing cohousing. It is welcoming and clear and really puts across the idea that the community is seeking a new member household, rather than that there's a condo for sale that happens to be in a cohousing community. It also offers some good resources for a prospective buyer to help them decide if cohousing is really for them.

Of course if this were going out to your public, you'd also want to include a little more info, such as the number of households, numbers of adult, kids and senior, and perhaps the url of your website if you have one.

Hope this will be helpful to any newly built community that is trying to sell its last few units, or to any individual household planning to resell their unit.

Joani Blank
Swan's Market Cohousing
Oakland, CA

"UNIT FOR SALE IN ____________COHOUSING
Open houses:

Wednesday December 17th from 3-5 pm (if you feel serious about the unit after this open house, ask to stay for our 6:30 dinner!)

Saturday December 20th from 12-3.
Please put these dates on your calendar!

*About the unit for sale:
*
Asking price is_________
(We already have a realtor who is willing to handle the transaction for both parties. If buyer brings an additional realtor, we'll ask the buyer to pay that commission) The address is______________

   * The condo is the back, garden unit of aduplex.
   * It is an efficient, lovely space with agreat layout and many
     recent renovations.
   * It has wonderful light, backyard access anda private garden patio.
   * Size is 640 square feet with great expansion potential (an
     exclusive use development area of 240 square ft)

_At the open houses, we will provide_: a packet outlining our agreements

   * a list of upcoming dinners you can attend toget to know our community
   * a list of phone numbers for you to use tocontact members individually
   * details on how to submit your offer
   * comps on other like properties that havesold in the neighborhood
     and information about pricing
   * last cleared pest inspection

*Our Community Process:
*
We do not "choose" new members. We ask rather that members choose us thoughtfully by taking the time to get to know us and by reviewing our community agreements to be certain that you wish to commit to them.

If you decide that you are interested in the unit, we would like all interested parties to make as much effort as possible to meet as many of us as you can. We understand that it is a short time frame and will make ourselves available to facilitate your getting to know us!

If you will attend an open house, please RSVP to_____________

We look forward to meeting you!