Re: Question about severe emotional distburbance/mental illness in cohousing
From: Yusuf Pisan (yusuf.pisangmail.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 21:14:48 -0800 (PST)
Cohousing is a set of neighbours, a very close and special set of
neighbors that share much more than a daily greeting, yet it is still
part of a larger society. Verbal abuse, harming of children and pets
is not something that *any* community should tolerate. After making a
good faith effort to change the person's behavior, which this
community has clearly done, contacting the police and other relevant
authorities would be appropriate. I do not think I could stand the
alternative of a child or pet getting harmed because I failed to act
in a timely fashion.

Caveat: I do not live in a cohousing community, but would apply the
same principals to my neighbors.

Cheers,

Yusuf