Re: Kitchen on public side
From: Laura Fitch (lfitchkrausfitch.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 09:52:21 -0800 (PST)
I imagine that this depends partly on the family make-up and the location.
Families with children may spend a lot more time in the kitchen. Urban
families might eat out more.

It is my understanding that the cohousing model is to have the kitchen
window (usually over the sink) face the pedestrian way, not necessarily that
the front door open into the kitchen.  This is the situation in my own house
and I really like it.  I do observe a lot of activity from my kitchen and
dining room windows.  I spend very little time in my living room, and then
only at night, and often it is more private time.