Re: Kitchen on public side
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:38:11 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

For your information, my kitchen (in keeping with our vision of having the private facilities smaller and the common facilities larger) is a small one, with no space for a table. It also is visually connected to the living room since the divider between them is a half-height counter rather than a full-height wall. At a party therefore, people would not gather in the kitchen.

John's comment about sitting in the living room greeting neighbors as they pass by appeals to me as well, or would if the living room were on the courtyard side.

        Further thoughts and comments?

Regards,
David