Re: Kitchen on public side
From: Racheli Gai (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 07:17:32 -0800 (PST)
I spend a fair amount of time in the kitchen, and can choose to work facing the common space,
or  my dining and living room.
When I'm alone, I almost invariably face the common space. I only have my back to it if I have
people visiting, or if what I'm doing requires a larger work area.
I might add that I don't really feel the need to watch the sidewalk/community life while we eat dinner, but if I want to eat in a public space, there is a great area between my building and the one across, where one can eat alone or with others. I can also sit and eat on my front porch (a little more private), or head to my back yard. (I'm planning to have a little flock of chickens out there, and once I have them I'll probably go have lunch with them quite regularly - weather
permitting :))

Racheli, Sonora Cohousing, Tucson.