A New Year
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 10:24:02 -0800 (PST)
Hello all!

Happy New Year!

In just 15 days we will be inaugurating a new president. All over America -- all over the world -- we look to this event with anticipation and great hope. Even if you are not an Obama supporter, with this transition, change IS coming. And where change is there is opportunity.

In DC (America's "home town") we await the 2 million+ folks coming to witness this historic event. Will you be one of them?

If so, here is an opportunity to visit Takoma Village Cohousing in NW DC. We will be holding open our CH from 2 pm - 5 pm as a "warming" station or "rest your feet" center for those folks braving the weather and the crowds. We did this same thing during one of the Peace marches before the Iraq or Afghanistan war (I forget which one!) Now it could be quite warm because the 20th falls right into the middle of what we call here the "January thaws." Or it could be weather like the inauguration of President Carter when the organizers had to get the National Guard to run drills out on the Capitol grounds to break up the 2 inches of ICE that covered every square inch. I went to that one and it was COLD. (January thaws absent that year!)

If you're going to be in town and you'd like to stop by or have the option of stopping by, write me off line. I will send you directions to our community. We are just 1.5 blocks from a metro line -- in fact THE metro line that will be taking the bulk of people to the Capitol or the Mall for the swearing in.

We'll have the fire place on, the TV tuned to the events, hot chocolate, tea and maybe coffee and definitely some munchies.

Betsy Morris and Raines Cohen will be in town for the big do, staying at TVC, so you could meet them here, too! Gosh ... we could have a little mini-conference ... :-)

You're all invited!

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village