Two Events in Western Massachusetts
From: Diana Leafe Christian (dianaic.org)
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:12:41 -0800 (PST)

I'd like to invite any cohousers or other interested folks in Western Massachusetts and New York’s Hudson River Valley to two events I'm doing in the area later this month.

One is "Antidotes to Five Common Kinds of Community Conflict," a day- long workshop on January 25th at Sirius community in Shutesbury, Massachusetts, near Amherst. It's about increasing a sense of trust and connectedness and reducing conflict in community -- the longer version of a half-day pre-conference workshop I did at the Cohousing Conference in Boston in 2007. The cost is $100, and the contact person is Brice Wilson at Sirius. 493-259-1341; brice~at~siriuscommunity.org. For more specifics on the workshop, please see http://www.dianaleafechristian.org/Documents/ Sirius_Workshop.pdf

The other is a slide show, "Ecovillages: Where They Are, What They're Doing, Why They're Important," at Rocky Hill Cohousing in Northampton on Saturday, January 24th, 7:30 – 9:30 pm. It features over 400 photos of ecovillages worldwide -- including those that use the cohousing model. And how ecovillages work with permaculture design, natural building, off-grid power, alternative technology, sustainable agriculture, Earth-restoration projects, international peace activism, service to others, local currencies, cottage industries, participatory decision-making, conflict resolution, and communication skills for bonding and connecting, and more. I've shown the slide show at Nevada City Cohousing in California, and Windsong Cohousing and Roberts Creek Cohousing in British Columbia. Even though it's about ecovillages, cohousers tend to like the presentation because it shows good ideas one can adapt to cohousing. The cost is $5-$10 sliding scale. Rocky Hill Cohousing is at 106 Black Birch Trail, Florence, MA 01062. Directions: http://www.rockyhillcohousing.org/ location.html

If you'd like more information, please email Diana~at~ic.org or call 828-669-9702. On the weekend of Jan, 23-25 it's 828-242-3237.

Thanks!

Diana

Diana Leafe Christian
http://www.DianaLeafeChristian.org