Re: Reality Questions for our new Common House!
From: Bonnie Fergusson (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:23:32 -0800 (PST)
     Here at Swan's Market Cohousing which is in the middle of Downtown Oakland
California, very urban, we do lock our Common House but we use a 4 button
progamable door lock rather than a key lock.  We periodically change the lock
combination and all owners memorize it and give it out only to trusted guests
and relatives.  Every six to 9 months or so, and occasionally when we have
reason to, we change the combination to insure that not too many extraneous
people have the code.
    As for muddy boots, can't help you there.  Not much boot wearing around
here even under normal conditions and currently we are in a drought,
temperatures in the 70's and no rain in sight in January which is usually one
of our rainiest months.  ;-)
    Good luck with the move in, you might want to wait even longer on any
permanant "solution" to see what evolves.
                        Love,
                       Bonnie Fergusson
                       Swan's Market Cohousing