water filter for the common house
From: Lynette Bassman (lbassmanalliant.edu)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 08:20:23 -0800 (PST)
Hi.

At La Querencia Fresno Cohousing, we are in the final stage of getting our
kitchen equipped, and the next thing to tackle is water filtration.  We have
been using two Brita-type filter pitchers, but they can't generate enough
filtered water for a common meal where we want to fill 6 water pitchers, for
big batches of soup or pasta, or for work parties when we will want to fill a
cooler with ice water.  We live in an agricultural area, so there are a lot of
pesticides in the water, among other things.  Can anybody recommend a filter
that has worked for this type of common house use (preferably under-the-sink,
reverse osmosis) that has  a continuous flow and a good rate of flow?

Thank you

Lynette