Re: Reality Questions for our new Common House!
From: Anne Little (soliannacablespeed.com)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 20:16:59 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
At Jackson Place Coho in Seattle we're very urban. We lock everything 24/7.
When we first moved in there were many attempts to break into the CH - only
one of which succeeded - and lots of damage to our doors and locks. We
gradually increased the quality of the locks on the doors at great expense.
With 20/20 hindsight we should have just coughed up the bucks for top of the
line locks in the first place. We activate our phone tree if keys get stolen
(rare) or a garage clicker gets lost or stolen (so we can change the code).
We ask people to not leave their clicker in their car.

We have hooks at 2 levels in the CH hall for coats but they only hold about
10-15 coats each. For large events we move in a freestanding rack that will
hold 30+ coats. No mudroom (urban) but mats at all the doors and linoleum
tile, not carpet, in the halls and dining room.

Congrats on move-in,
Anne Little