participating in community
From: Jennifer Savin (jensavingmail.com)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 20:41:17 -0800 (PST)
Dear Cohousers-

We're a 15-year old co-housing and have run into a problem with getting everything done around here that needs to get done- from admin chores to physical labor.

We have vacant homes (owners having difficulty selling but have already moved) and people living here and not participating fully (they'll cook but not do a chore, for example.)

Our system is: (each adult) 4 hours per month for chores, cook once a quarter, be on a cluster (aka committee), attend general meetings.

Can you share:
1. How many hours per month residents work
2. What  is expected
2. What you do if someone doesn't participate

Thank you,

Jennifer
Southside Park Cohousing