Re: water filter for the common house
From: Fran Hart (hartmagicfrontier.net)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:50:05 -0800 (PST)
I would recommend an under the sink 5 stage reverse osmosis filter with a 8 to
10 gallon storage tank.  This is what I installed at Heartwood Cohousing.  The
5 stage filter produces the best tasting water, and has the most capacity for
removing chemicals as well as the minerals.  The extra large storage tank is an
add on, in place of the standard 3 gallon tank that comes with most home RO
units.  That will give you plenty of capacity for most community events.  I
would look to buy a unit from an independent water treatment person.  The
cheaper units you can find at Home Depot are not as good a quality, and are
usually not 5 stage.  The name brands, like Culligan, are severely overpriced.
Good luck.

Barry Goldberg

Heartwood Cohousing

If there's any kind of magic in this world it must be in the attempt of
understanding someone or sharing something.

Heartwood Cohousing, Bayfield, Colorado   www.heartwoodcohousing.com