Re: When did members join your group?
From: Anne Little (soliannacablespeed.com)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:52:41 -0800 (PST)
Hi Kristen,

Our biggest bump in membership came after our project landed on the front
page of the Seattle Times Real Estate section. At the time there were 6 core
households. We then made the HUGE mistake of closing membership because we
were overwhelmed by the response - maybe 15 households put down cash in
about 2 weeks. (Be careful what you wish for.) After that people trickled in
(and out) and we had a hard time filling the last 2-3 units. There was still
one empty unit after everyone moved in.

At one time we hoped to have 30+ units with several one bedroom units. We
found that people who wanted 1Bs couldn't afford what they would cost to
build - kitchens & baths will be your biggest expense. We ended up with no
1Bs and 27 total units. We're urban.

Anne at Jackson Place Coho
(where I've got a lovely, bright 2 bedroom townhouse FOR SALE)